Information We Collect:
To complete your order, you must provide DVM certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the item that you’re ordering.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It:
DVM relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share customer information, including the following:
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to complete your order, to settle disputes, or for customer support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for DVM's mailing list;
- If necessary for compliance with a legal obligation / court order or as connected to a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. DVM uses your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about our customers is important to DVM business. We share your personal information for limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as postal services and other delivery companies. DVM shares your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. DowShifting may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms, and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
By using this website, you agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a cookie on your browser. This is done to set up your checkout currency.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
DMV may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the United States and other jurisdictions. Therefore, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws from your jurisdiction.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have myriad rights related to your personal information. Some of these rights apply generally, but certain rights apply only in specific limited cases. These rights are described here:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information DVM holds about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, DVM deletes your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and want to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Leo Gabor, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact DVM as follows:
DownShifting Vintage Menswear
Attn: Leo Gabor
József Körút 37-39